Wednesday 21 November 2012

..'took something purple and painted it red'

Okay, it wasn't purple to start with but I have been painting with red tonight.  The storage in the boys room is going to have red gloss doors so I got out my roller and tray, switched on my i-pod....and out came the dulcet tones of Daniel Merriweather singing 'Red'.

Which got me thinking - which other songs are 'DIY' songs?

Given the family part of this project, my repertoir mainly consists of:
Bob The Builder - can you fix it?
Build it up, build it up, build it higher (good for brick laying!)
Gonna build a house (with a garden wall...)

But on the grown-up front, apart from Daniel, I could only think of 'This Ole' House'...until I googled and I have now discovered entire albums of DIY Songs!  I spot a Christmas pressie for Project Manager coming on...
Can you dig it?
Lets stick together
It ain't what you do it's the way that you do it
etc etc etc...

oh boy - they look more red in a photo!



No comments:

Post a Comment